Saturday 25 March 2017

Just had my publisher on the phone

I was promised at the end of last year that they wouldn't be asking me to pay for anything else.

They called not once, not twice, but three times this afternoon pressuring me to take a free trial and wouldn't take no for an answer.  They kept asking for my credit card number even though they said it was a free trial.

"Why do you need my credit card number if it's free?" says I.

"To ensure seemless access after the trial period.  I'll email and call you before the end of your free trial to see if you'd like to continue with it"

"Why can't you ask for my credit card number at the end of the trial?"

"Because we need to put it in to the system to create your own personal webpage"

"Why can't you do that before I give you my card number?"

"To ensure seemless access after the trial period"

Spotting a script here?

The third time they called, Steve answered the phone and told them to stop pressuring me into buying things I'd already told them I didn't want - that shut them up!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment