Monday 6 August 2018

First chapter is always the hardest

Just finished the first chapter which is always the hardest for me to write, so I've just got 49 chapters at 1500 words each to write and it's finito. 

It definitely helps to have the scenes within each chapter planned out, especially the first and last few chapters, but I obviously planned this one before I understood how scenes work and I really appreciate being able to write according to a tight plan now! 

Twas difficult at first, but it's so much easier to write 250-500 words (depending on the type of book) for each scene and not forget anything, than planning the whole chapter in a sentence then totally forget about something vital until several chapters too late like I did before I discovered yWriter and especially now that I understand the scene planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment