Wednesday 17 July 2019

Protagonists v Antagonists

Feel free to laugh at this blog post if you want to, but it's a genuine thing I struggle with, so the answer and a way to remember the difference is what I'm asking for with this post. 

Protagonists and antagonists - they are both necessary in every story you write, I know that much, but are protagonists the main character and antagonists the supporting characters or are protagonists "goodies" and antagonists "baddies"?  What if the main character is a baddie?  Are they the Protagonist because they are the main character or the antagonist because they are a baddie??

Like I said, feel free to laugh.

From your belly if you must.

I promise it's a genuine question though, that I've struggled with since I started writing with the hope of one day being published... the other stories were purely an outpouring of creativity for nobody else's eyes but mine.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think?  Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment