Tuesday 5 July 2022

I'm not enjoying...

...editing my first book in my Toni trilogy as much as I thought I would.  The MG books that I edited last week were so much better and I can totally see why the agents I approached with the trilogy rejected it now.  I'm even pondering on letting it wither and wilt and I forget about the whole trilogy 'cos the way it is now is just waaay too boring.  The books I started on in this folder were so much better than this one... it's lost the sparkle and my voice is completely lost in it.  I'll give it until the end of this current chapter and if it hasn't dramatically improved, I'm gonna archive the entire trilogy - I can't expect others to enjoy my words when I'm not enjoying them myself!  It's had too many people giving too much crit advice in the early days and Toni is just words on a page now... there's no emotion or excitement or need to read more.


No comments:

Post a Comment