Friday 31 August 2018

Day 16 of 30 - Perfectionism

That's such a great thing to remember!  If you've got the book in front of you, I can't wait for you to read the first part of Day 16 'cos it says "When Top Dog growls, just sing out, 'Don't worry, be crappy!'" and that's an awesome way to remind your writers block or mid-manuscript slump that it's OK to be unsure in the first draft - just write *something* and you can change it when you get to the editing stage!

I've got a challenge for you.  Write something, anything, and send it to me, totally unedited.  I won't publish it on this blog or the site unless you are sure that you want me to, the challenge is to get something done and out there, totally unpolished then start on your next one, send that to me too... editing is NOT allowed for these, they are purely your practise pieces.  If you want me to publish them, lemme know if you want it on here, on the general visitor bit of the site or for only members to read and how you want me to credit you with it... it can be as simple as the first initial of your name or full copyright credit with a link to your email address or website - just let me know and I'll totally respect that decision.  The important thing is to get the imperfect version out there on the web where others can read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment