Thursday 30 August 2018

Day 2 of 30 - Microblocking

Just learning about something called "Microblocking" in the book.

Don't know what that is?  Neither did I half an hour ago!

It's basically setting a minimum of 20 minutes aside every day (as an appointment or meeting if you need to) and doing just one task during those 20 minutes.  Turn off your phone, close down your email and internet browsers... those 20 minutes need to be uninterrupted, right?

OK, so you've got a peaceful 20 minutes, what do you do with them?

Whatever you need to.

For me, that's reading the book and making these blog posts.

That's it.

Nothing else.

I don't have a job so I'm free to do this for as long as I need to.

You might not be though, and that's totally OK.

Wake up half an hour earlier or go to bed half an hour later and those 30 short minutes will be your microblocking time.  If that's a struggle, fit it into your lunch hour at work.

You can do this!

It'll be hard at first like the next few days will be for me until I get into a new routine but we can do it together if you like?  I'm going to block out lunchtime and all afternoon every day to work through the book because it needs to be returned in 20 days time.

It'll really help to prepare me for my education with the OU though... I just need to get into the routine of setting aside some time to concentrate every day and the next 20 days will be the start of my new routine... what about you?  Are you going to join me in getting into the new routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment