Tuesday 22 March 2022

Half way through

I realised last night that I hadn't planned out my JanNo novel yet and my muse was snoring their head off and refusing to wake up.  I went trawling through all my writing files for ideas of the age range, what the novel would be about, character names and chapter ideas.


I ended up deciding that it'd be a younger MG fantasy novel so that I had an extra few thousand words to play with, I decided on a temporary title and overall theme running through the book and I managed to plan out the first ⅓ of the MS.


I had a delivery at lunchtime and a yummy and surprisingly filling bowl of soup for lunch and have now got it planned up to half way, so I'm happy with that for now and I'll plan out another few chapters after I've had me tea (a take-away that'll see me through tonight and into tomorrow).  I'm still struggling for ideas, but at least I'm getting the basics down right now.


My MC is a 14 year old who is currently going through the start of puberty during the Summer holiday with their parents to give their aunt (who they live with) a break for a while.  I just need to find a list of things that 14 year-old's wish for now lol


No comments:

Post a Comment