Thursday 5 November 2020

I'm now, officially...

...half way through the NaNo challenge, 10 days early 🤣.  I've just finished writing the chapter that contained my 25,000th word after only 5 day.  I'm hoping to hit 30k by the end of the day, but I'm back into the NaNo routine now, so hopefully it'll all be plain sailing from now until I've finished the manuscript. 


Sorry I didn't update this blog yesterday, but we got some awful news about our dog and had to make a very hard decision.  She's still alive, but I can't immerse myself into NaNo as intensely as I did the previous two days.  I'm still aiming to finish it by the 10th, but if I don't then that's OK too.

Scratch that, the puppy had lots of very bloody diarrhoea overnight at the vets so we've made the heartbreaking decision to let her go peacefully.


My immediate thoughts are that I just won't be able to cope with writing now, so I won't win this year, but our dog is more important than winning NaNo.  I'll finish the manuscript, just not during NaNo this year.


My heart is in teeny tiny pieces, so don't worry if it takes a while to start updating this blog again.


No comments:

Post a Comment