Tuesday 18 October 2022

NaNo22 and JanNo23

Just got the header, footer and documents prepared for me to get straight on with the writing on 1st November and 1st January, so all I need to do now is to start writing and writing and writing until I hit the magic 50,000 words in 30 days.


My target for this year is to finish on 10th November and 10th January, although I would dearly love to finish before that.  I managed it in 8 days for this years JanNo and that's my challenging target for each of the competition things (never sure what to call them lol) but my aim is to write 5,000 words a day and be finished by the time I head to bed on the 10th so that I can have my celebratory second J2O.  If I can knock out 7,000 words a day, that'd be ideal, but too much pressure will get the writer's block out of hiding and I'll be totally screwed, so I'm aiming for 5k a day and anything else is a bonus.


I've got an added incentive to try for NaNo and JanNo this time around - have an additional motivational J2O immediately before I start writing on the first day, as well as my intended reward for hitting 5k a day and a celebratory one as soon as I hit my 50,000th word.  Not sure that my body will appreciate having such an early drink that isn't my usual tea, coffee or drinking chocolate, but if it doesn't work then that's totally OK and I'll know not to do it for NaNo23 and to just stick to what has worked up until now, but I won't know if I don't at least try!


Is anyone else doing NaNo this year or am I the only one I know who still does it?


No comments:

Post a Comment