Saturday 2 May 2020

Lockdown fun - do you wanna join in?

The hubby (Steve/my tech support guy) was listening to the radio or a podcast or summat while he was making our lunch and I heard a tiny snippet of it as I was making my way through to the bathroom, which inspired me to ask if anyone wanted to join in with it.

The task is to write a story of under 1500 words that centres around the theme of either creating a new school from scratch and/or coping with a fictional pandemic.

You will, of course, retain all rights to your work, you just give me permission to put it on the Stories 4 Children site for others to enjoy.  I can't pay you and I can't offer you any kind of support or representation or anything like that, but I will give you your own page on the site and you can submit as many stories as you want (within reason 😉) and you'll be able to link to your page in your writer's CV and queries and stuff like that.

Email your stories to me and make sure you give me the name you want me to add after the © after each of your stories.

If you're an illustrator and want to join in, then go for it, just keep your images to under 500 pixels on its longest side and the smallest file size possible (but please remember that jpg's lose quality the more they are viewed, so gifs and pngs are prolly the best file types to choose).

If you are submitting several stories/illustrations, then please zip up and upload them to a cloud-based file-sharing app like One Drive and email the link to me so that I can download them straight onto my machine to put on your page.

If you want me to link your story/illustration to your site/email address, just let me know what the URL/email address is on each of your submissions and I'll happily get it sorted for you.

I'm NOT publishing your work, I won't be able to pay you for it and you're more than welcome to send it out to publishers and agents if you want to, it's just something informal and hopefully fun to get those creative juices flowing again and break up the boredom/anxiety/stress that comes with each day of the lockdown.

Can't wait to see what you come up with❗

No comments:

Post a Comment