Thursday 24 December 2020

Book Review: "Scooper and Dumper" by Lindsay Ward


⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

It's a good book, just doesn't meet the industry standard for picture books, so I'm guessing it was self-published. 

 

The illustrations are adorable and the reason I'm not knocking off a second star.

 

3 year olds also have a much smaller understanding of the English language than 7 year olds... I'm thinking that it was given such a huge age range is that the illustrations are suitable for the younger aged listener and some of the words stretch the 7 year olds. I'm qualified to work with children as well as writing for them, so I know what I'm on about ;-)

 

Overall a good book, just could have done with the input of crit group and editor of children's picture books before being published is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment