Monday 27 June 2022

Book Review: "Bliss and Her Friends" By Carl Baker and Bernadette Wells


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know that I start all of them off in the same way, by saying that every book starts off with a solid 5 stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all still be stuck solidly in place by the time I close the back cover.

I've always had a special interest in books that are for those groups who are less well catered for, and the cover of this book seems to show that there will be a variety of children who aren't usually catered for, so I can't wait to get started on this book!

Let's get the front cover opened up and start reading.

There are a few totally blank pages in my version which is a touch worrying... they must be blank for a reason, right?

It's great that there are a few questions to ask on each page, but maybe they could be in a different font or colour or something like that, so that the adult reading it with the child doesn't get confused?

It's awesome to see such a range of children playing on this page!  WTG the author and illustrator!

Oh dear, poor Bliss sitting there all tearful while surrounded by so many other happy children playing together!

A good way to end the book... I'd like to have seen the final image showing a different breakdown of the family though - either same gender or disabled or mixed race or something like that?

Overall a very worthy 5 stars and deserves a place on your child's bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment