Tuesday 28 June 2022

Book Review: "Dear Daddy" by Serena Haeuser

Kindle:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other book reviews recently, you'll know that I've always started them off by saying that every book starts off with the full five stars and that I'm always hopeful that I'll finish reading the last page with them all still stuck firmly in place.

Let's get started, shall we?

First off, I love the cover design - it shows a happy dad and daughter spending time together, which is already making my heart swell, even before I've opened it and started reading!

The illustration on the first page is absolutely gorgeous and it look like this is gonna be a letter as opposed to a story and it's a letter to the father figure from the child which I don't think a young child would understand or enjoy, but we shall see.  The fifth star is looking wobbly.

Oh dear.  The second page uses a word that a child reader/listener wouldn't understand at all ("appreciated") so the first star is unfortunately plopping off and onto the floor after only two pages  :-(

Thankfully I haven't found anything to whine about in the next three pages, so do I have a four star book in my hands??

Oh dear.  This was obviously written for the American audience 'cos the author has spelt it "mommy" which would confuse a British child and not every child prays so the fourth star is coming off too.

I love all the photos of the Dad and child spending time together... that's a great touch to finish the book on.

No comments:

Post a Comment