Saturday 21 January 2023

Book Review: "Because of You" by Eve Ainsworth

Kindle:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know that they all start off with me saying that the book starts off with the full 5 stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all still be firmly in place when I close the back cover.  You will also know that I give my reasons for knocking off each star and that I don't just knock stars off without reason.  Most 5 star books become 4 star books because of use of trademarked brand names or copyrighted material which is a real sore point for me so the star comes off for that reason.  I've rapidly returned the star for one book at the end of last year when the author (or was it the publisher/agent?) put in a single sentence on the last page saying that they had used the brand name fictitiously and with permission... it's only happened once, but that single sentence was all that was necessary for me to return the book to the full whack of stars.

Let's get on with the reading and reviewing shall we?

Ooh!  Tension in the first chapter!  This has the potential, if it carries on like this, to be a really good, 5 star, book!

I'm up to chapter 5 now and this book has had me hooked from the first page.  There has been an internet brand name used once so the first star is wobbly, but hanging in there right now.  This is definitely an easy must-read so far!

Oh dear, a swear word has just escaped the editing process so the first star is rapidly coming off so what should be a 5 star book is now, unfortunately, 4 stars.

This is still a good book, but the author seems to have lost her intensity now... the first few chapters were great but after a while they have become much less intense and interesting... not quite boring, but nowhere near as interesting either.

I've felt like Poppy many times in my life, but fortunately there weren't any mobile phones with the ability to video my utter humiliation back then.

Yup, chapter 10 was me throughout childhood, but it looks like maybe things are gonna turn a corner now... I hope!

Wow.  I've just finished reading and I'm fighting back prickly tears.  What an unexpectedly perfect ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment