Friday 27 January 2023

Book Review: "Just Another Little Lie" by Eve Ainsworth

Kindle:
Paperback:
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know how I start 'em all off, right?  This book isn't any different:  Every book I read starts off with the full 5 stars and I'm always hopeful that they will all still be firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  I'm not shy about removing a star if I feel it necessary, but I always give my reasons for removing each star within the review.

The first couple of chapters have been great and I'm already feeling sorry for poor Vee.  She's gotta be the adult instead of her mum, poor girl!

Poor Vee and Freddie... what an awful life for them to both live!  I hope that Mum gets help and that it's a happy ever after book!

Oh dear... the same thing has happened with this book as has happened to most books I read - the author has used a brand name potentially without permission, so the first star is coming off at 53%.

Oooh!  That's worrying!  I hope Mum'll be OK!

So far so good with the new mum, but is it too little, too late?

Oh no!  It *was* too late and now Vee and Freddie are in the poo!

What a heart-wrenchingly beautiful ending. A definite must-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment