Tuesday 28 February 2023

Book Review: "Little Camel's Extraordinary Journey" by Vicky Feng

Kindle:
Paperback:

⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5


If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know I start 'em all off in the same way, right?  With a couple of sentences just explaining that all the books I read and review start off with the full shebang of stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all still be firmly in place by the time I close the back cover.  A recent addition to this first paragraph is that I am more than happy to replace a star that I've taken off if the book has a magic sentence that means that the author has taken the effort not to break the law.


Now that that's been said, let's get going with the reading and reviewing!


I'm loving the illustrations!  They are obviously computer generated, but they are sooo cute and adorable!


Oh boy.  It was good until the religious bit.  The first star is really wobbly at 70% - any more religion and off it comes.


At 90% the star plops off... young children don't need to be preached to in a story and they may not be being brought up Christian, so we're now down to 4 stars.


Just finished reading and it relied heavily on the illustrations throughout which is disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment