Sunday 26 February 2023

Book Review: "One in a trillion stars" by Anh Sphabmixay

Kindle:
Paperback:

⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know that I start 'em all off in the same way as this one - by saying that each book starts with the full whackamundy of stars and that I'm not shy about removing stars if necessary but that I always give my reason for doing so within the review.  I've also gladly replaced a star when the author said that trademarks had been used fictitiously and with permission - it's only happened once so far, but I'm more than happy to do it again if necessary.


Let's get on with the review shall we?


It's a good little picture book, but it's waaaay too heavily reliant on the pictures because there are only 11 sentences in total in the entire book and there are frequently at least 2 pages of just images, no text so the first and only star comes off for that reason and some of the vocabulary is too advanced for such a young audience to.


A good book, that's worth getting, but I reckon it would be better with more words and more appropriate language for the child listener.


No comments:

Post a Comment