Saturday 1 May 2021

Research question for my next novel

Quick question for my LGBTQIA friends 'cos I've just been smacked by inspiration from a headline that's gonna be up on my author site soon.

At what age did you realise that you were NOT heterosexual/the gender you were born with please?  Is it something you've always known and talked about openly with friends/family/professionals or did you keep it hidden for aaaages before you officially "came out" to everyone?  What kinda reactions did you get and what would have helped you more?

I'm thinking this'll be a MG novel for 9-12 year olds, so the MC will be 13/14 - is that accurate for you or should I make it a YA (teen) novel please?

If you aren't comfortable talking about it publically, just email me at research@stories4childrengroup.com and give me a look inside of your head as that child/teen that had no idea that their feelings had a name.  If you aren't comfortable with me probing you as the person I know you as, then feel free to set up a throwaway email address with Hotmail or Googlemail or whatever - either way is totally groove and cooly for me, I just want to try and get inside the head of the main character(s) of my next novel as I plan it out is all!

Thank you so so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment