Wednesday 7 September 2022

Only got...

...less than 200k words left to edit before the end of the year then that's every single manuscript I've written edited and ready for submission after NaNo22 then JanNo23 are done and dusted.  

 

Got a sci-fi novel to tackle next that's 75k words and I can instantly see that it's another one that is in desperate need of a structural edit, so that'll be another loooong editing process, but the other two are my most recent manuscripts that I wanna save til last so that my eyes are as fresh as possible when I hit them with their first editing session.

 

Assuming that I manage to knock the final three manuscripts into submittable shape within the next month, I've just gotta find and invest in similar books so that I can read them and hopefully add them to my query for each manuscript.

 

I've archived my only trilogy 'cos it was all over the place and I put more emphasis on the mixed feedback I'd received from crit groups rather than my passion for the main characters and it wasn't my voice any more and the other one was a duplicate of one I'd previously written so I'm guessing the original one was written for NaNo and the duplicate for JanNo and I'd totally forgotten lol  I have no doubt that crit groups work for a lot of people and the right mix of authors can help rather than hinder the manuscript, they just aren't for me right now is all.  They might work for manuscripts that you genuinely need feedback on or that you don't feel so comfortably about, they just aren't for me atm unfortunately.

 

Maybe a well-matched crit partner rather than crit group should be what I'm looking for 'cos it's the first few chapters that are the weakest rather than the strongest for me unfortunately.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment